blog

  • stripes & progress

    I have wanted to update the kitchen floor ever since I moved into this apartment. When the owner of the building FINALLY agreed to reimburse me for expenes I was thrilled and ready to get this project started. As soon as I got the news I ran out to my local flooring store and purchased 18x18" commercial grade vinyl tiles. I went with a more sturdy tile because I plan on being here a while, and I don't want to have to do this again in the next couple of years. 

    Below is the before shot of the horribly ugly kitchen tiles. They were stained, chipped and the worst shade of blue that I have every seen. Excuse the terrible before shot. We had already started repairing the old floor when I decided to take a photo. 

    If this was my own place, I would definitely have done a lot more prep to make this absolutley perfect. But, because I was on a budget from the landlord, I had to work with what I had. 

    Here is an in progress photo... 

    All I have left to do is clean up the floor, seal all of the seams, finish replacing the handles and knobs, and painting the dining chairs. Hopefully, I will be able to post after pictures soon!